Friday, October 12, 2012

Coolness

Oh, the things I could write about right now... they are so numerous that should I attempt them all, you would definitely fall asleep by the end. But don't worry, I shan't do that. Right now I just have a bit of a rant forming, and I want to write about it. So here I am.

I've been noticing this startling tendency in myself and in other Christians to think we're more cool if we are like the world in certain areas. *gasp* No really, it's true--if you look closely enough.

If we have higher standards in, say, music, we kinda try to hide it around other people. Even Christians. Or we feel like we're cool when we listen to music that is closer to the world's kind. We like the beat and so forth. I am NOT saying that the kind of music is bad. Honestly I like it, or at least quite a bit of it.

What I don't like is when I feel more "cool" because of the music/movie/clothing item/etc. 

That is not what we base coolness on anymore!! 

We are no longer of the world. We don't base our worth, our "rank", our "coolness" by earthly things.

It is all based on Christ. On what He has done. He is now our standard for "coolness".

Not the world.

The End. :D


4 comments:

  1. It's funny that you mention this. . .

    I sent you a letter earlier this week and I wrote something about this sorta . . . in a round-about way. You basically wrote what I was trying to write. :D

    Funny how God does stuff like that . . . He's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! A letter! I am going to have lots of mail when I get back. :D Already I know of three letters waiting for me...

    Haha, funny! And yes, God is weird. Awesomely so. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, though I don't have anything to add to it. Thanks for the great post. :)

    ReplyDelete