Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Benefits of this Time of Waiting in My Life

We are studying the book "Before You Meet Prince Charming" by Sarah Mally. This was one of the assignments: To come up with 10 benefits of this time of "waiting". Here is my list. I may add to it later on... these are just some things that I thought of right away. :)

  1. It is helping me to grow closer to God
  2. It is building my patience
  3. It is a great time to prepare for the future
  4. I have more opportunities for ministry
  5. It is strengthening my faith
  6. It is building character
  7. It is a great opportunity to work on developing great habits and attitudes
  8. It is a time to learn many useful skills
  9. I have been able to minister to other girls in many different ways
  10. I have been able to be an example for other young ladies who are in a similar time

Psalm 27:14

Wait on the Lord: Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this Carissa! Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it. :) It is a good reminder for me to focus on what is good about where I am in my life right now... applying my last post, I guess. :P

    Thanks for commenting!

    God bless,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well put Carissa. Is this in combat to Trey Edwards' blog by any chance? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Um, no, I don't think so. I did read his post, but I wasn't trying to combat anything. Nor did I realize that I was combating anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to comment about the verse that you included on this post. I found it interesting that you chose that one. Actually, God used that verse to speak to me in a very special way a few years ago-not about this topic though. Since then this verse has meant a lot to me. It does apply very well to this area as well, and it's definitely something that I need to be reminded of often! Thanks for sharing the list as well.
    Love,
    Beka

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is neat that this is a special verse to you as well! I really like it too.

    Maybe you could make a list for yourself... It is helpful. You are welcome for posting it. :)

    Love,

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete