Thursday, September 10, 2009

What Do You Want to be Known For?

First and foremost, I want to be remembered as someone whose primary aim in life was to glorify God. I want it to be said that I was supremely happy in God and that I made Him look incredibly valuable--like He is. I want to be remembered as someone who loved and feared God over everyone and everything else, who was completely sold out for Christ. I want Christ to be the focus-- because He was the main focus of my life.

I also want to be known for the things I've done for God's kingdom-- helping people in need, educating, encouraging, raising godly children, working alongside my husband. I want it to be said that I was a fully devoted to to whatever it was that I was doing, rather than just kind of floating along-- actually making a difference. I want many people to say, "Because of Carissa (really Christ working through me) such and such is better in my life" I want to be someone that when you meet me, you come away changed for the better in some way.

I want to be known as someone who was kind, loving, humble, lived with integrity, dressed modestly, was diligent, patient, self-controlled, fun, and so on.

And there's more. But that's all for now. I wrote this while reading the book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People." And posted it for Felicity. :D

So... what about you? What do you want to be known for?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job darling. You're such a wonderful girl, and make your mummy proud.

    These are all good things to want to be know for. However I must say, I didn't know anything about this husband of yours... :P

    Just to answer your question:

    I want to be known for my passion for God, that the fire in my heart never went out, and that my passion for Him never died.

    I want to be remembered, and yes known, as one who glorified God, as one who would not compromise. Also a woman of integrity, a child of God who lived like a child of God, and many other things that I don't have time to list. But you might be able to guess if you hang around me for a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mummy. :)

    Hehe. I need to re-word that, don't I.

    Thanks for your answer! Those are great things to want to be known for as well. Rather similar to mine...

    Talk to you later!

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete