Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adoption

My family has a weird habit. We "adopt" people. As a few of you already know, having been adopted into our family. :)

I almost feel like I am lying now when I tell people I have 6 siblings. Because the number is actually somewhere around 20 or so if you include actual and adopted siblings.

Not only do we adopt siblings, but we also have some other weird relations. For example, I have a Mummy (an Australian mom) that is only months older than me. And Josiah is the grandpa of his friend-- who is also Josiah's grandpa. So yeah. Our family is very confusing!

It is a fun habit. Also one that makes people think we are really strange.

But

There is Someone Else Who has this habit-- only on a much larger and more incredible scale.

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:1-2

I am so very, very grateful that He has adopted me as His daughter. What an amazing privilege it is to be called a child of God! And how incredible it is that we are told to address the God of the Universe as Father. It is only through Jesus' work on the cross that we can have these amazing privileges. Before His death and Resurrection, we could not come to Him in such a familiar way. Even the High Priest could only come into the Most Holy place at certain times-- lest he die. So this is not something to be taken lightly!

(I had a bunch of great verses about this, but unfortunately google and this browser worked together in some devious way to get rid of them. I hope to get at least some of them up later on.)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, but that is because I mummy everyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mummy, I did not say anything about why you were my Mummy. The fact remains that you are my Mummy and you are only months older then me. :D

    ReplyDelete