Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wow.



No, not the video. No, not the song. No, not the pictures.

God.

The One Who created... all of this.

Wow.

The One who, for some reason I cannot comprehend, died for me. ME! Carissa! When I was the one who deserved that death!!

Wow.

The One who is changing me. Daily. Transforming my heart and mind and life.


Wow.

The One who is showing me more and more of Himself and His goodness!!

Wow.

The One who knows the wretchedness of who I am-- but loves me anyway.

Wow.

The One who is guiding my future and preparing me for it.


Wow.

The One who inhabits eternity: who is eternal, without ending or beginning.

Wow.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Carissa,

    I know what you mean... and "wow," although the best word I can think of, seems pretty small, doesn't it? I've been reading Leviticus, about the sacrifices the law dictates, and realizing how many consequences sin has that I would have to take on my shoulders if Jesus hadn't taken them. It's staggering. It's staggering to think that nothing I could ever do would ever be enough to make me right with God. And that Jesus took all that on himself for no other reason but His love! WOW!

    In Christ,
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith: Yes... it does seem like such a small word. But I think that when we truly start grasping a little bit of what God is like... it pretty much takes all the big words right out of us... and we are left with little words like "wow" and "oh". :) It is interesting...

    I know!! It is absolutely insane that He would do that for us!! How can we help but worship and love and serve this God??

    Thank you for your comment! :)

    Jay: Yes... our word lately. *small smile*

    Joyful: Oh yes... very very amazing... I have no idea how amazing He is, really. But I am so grateful for the glimpses He has shown me!!

    ReplyDelete