Thursday, September 1, 2011

Every Morning

Recently, early in the morning, I walked outside to find this marvelous artwork:

 

(Of course it was much better in real life, but you can get the general idea.)

It was as if God was saying how much He loves me, reminding me that He works through trials (through the rainbow, especially)--and showing me that His mercy is new every morning. It stopped me right there--as I gazed at it, my heart overflowed with praise and thanks.

I had been thinking about how wonderful it is that His mercy is new every morning, and this rare and beautiful sight was a delightful confirmation.
22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:22-24
A while back, as I was pondering this wonderful truth, I mentioned it to my friend Rebeka--and she added another astounding thought: it is always morning somewhere!
So His mercy is continuously being renewed. Wow.

2 comments:

  1. That is so completely encouraging! Thank you!
    Hey, I am Lauren. I stumbled across your blog and I just had to stop and say what an awesome job you are doing. It's absolutely wonderful finding other girls who are trying to live more like Jesus.
    Keep up the good work!

    Until He Returns,

    Lauren Grace
    summerofhats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lauren!

    You are very welcome! I'm glad it encouraged you! :)

    Thank you, that is encouraging. :) I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... I hope you stop by again!

    By His grace,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete