Thursday, May 21, 2009

While I'm waiting

I recently posted this video on my other blog. It is a song/video about waiting on the Lord. It is from the movie "Fireproof". Go ahead and listen to it, so we'll be on the same song. :) Here, I just wanted to point out a few key things in the song that really spoke to me. (I'm sure you can gain something from it, even if you don't listen, but I recommend listening, too)

It talks about waiting on the Lord in the these ways:
  • Hopefully
  • Patiently
  • Even though it's painful
  • And maybe more, don't have time to listen right now- if you find more, please leave a comment with it. :D

And it also talks about doing these things while you're waiting:

  • Worshipping God
  • Serving God

I think those things can apply to this period of "waiting" in my life, and in many of yours. Waiting for a husband, waiting for children, waiting for college, graduation, etc... I'm sure most of you are waiting for something!

The above actions and attitudes are so important! We are not to just sit around and "wait". We need to be worshipping, serving and so on.

We are going to a homeschool convention today!! So I need to go help finishing preparations soon. I will probably have learned some things that I can post on here when I get back, so stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment