Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Thing is...

... when you blog or interact in other ways online, you can appear much different than you actually are. You can appear one way, but live another. You can say nice things, but your life... may not match them.

Same with people you only barely know... you could appear very nice and wonderful and impressive to them in the brief time you saw them...

Even people you see often, like at church, may think you are really sweet and nice.

It's easy to be a sweet, patient, thoughtful person online... all you have to do is know how to write like that... ;)

But just because you come across well in these various places doesn't necessarily mean that you are like that at home.

At home... that's where we "let our hair down". That is where the dreaded "other side" of us comes out.

Now of course I am not like that. I am actually really as perfect as I sound on here...

NOT!!

I have many, many shortcomings and sinful habits... I get angry with my siblings, I don't obey my parents like I should, I am prideful, I seek my own glory, I entertain wrong thoughts, I waste time, I am sometimes deceitful... and the list goes on and on. If you want to know what I am really like, apply to my parents or siblings. :)

*smiles at my sister Cheryl who is watching me write this* (hehe, she just said, are you sure you want them to apply to your parents and siblings? :D)

This blog is about what I am learning. I can write all day about nice sounding stuff... but it's what I do that really counts. I am very, very thankful for God's work in my life thus far, but, please remember, I have a long way to go. :)

6 comments:

  1. Ditto.

    That is cheating, and I know it.

    You speak for me as well. (Okay, so now I went from one word to six, and said the exact same thing. This isn't going so well...)

    I have a very strong tendency to 'talk perfect', to talk so much about how people ought to be, that people tend to lose sight of what I am.

    I am.... bad. Pure and simple. I can't get around it.

    But even saying that makes people say "Oh, isn't he modest and humble." No, I really am not. I am actually very selfish and very proud.

    So what do I do? I comment on Carissa's post when she had the guts to say so and I didn't.

    Thanks twin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(Okay, so now I went from one word to six, and said the exact same thing. This isn't going so well...)"

    *very large grin*

    "But even saying that makes people say "Oh, isn't he modest and humble." No, I really am not. I am actually very selfish and very proud."

    Grr!!! I hate that. People do it to me all the time, and probably will with this post. bleah. haha...

    "So what do I do? I comment on Carissa's post when she had the guts to say so and I didn't.

    Thanks twin. :)"


    You... are... welcome...

    Maybe we should just cut out all the other stuff and just keep on saying

    "thankyouyouarewelcomethankyouyouarewelcomethankyouyouarewelcome..." :D

    It would probably save time... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Carissa.

    That is a problem with me as well. How often do I run to encourage a friend at church in their walk with the Lord, yet fail to build my mother up when she's having a difficult day? How many times to I show grace to a friend who most likely *didn't* wrong me and yet hold unforgiveness in my heart towards a sibling?

    Haha, I can completely relate to the blogging issue as well!

    Love you, Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, dear daughter!

    *sigh* Humans... :P We're so... so... humanish. haha. Well then, we can all press on together. :) Nice to have company! haha.

    haha, that is good. :)

    Love you too, Rebeka!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post again Carissa!

    Thank you for the reminders. Mothers need to be reminded too. :)

    God Bless,
    Mrs. Mama Lauser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!

    You are welcome. :) I have to read my own posts, too, because I forget all the time. haha.

    God bless,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete