Thursday, November 3, 2011

An Idea

Towards the end of last year, I read a book called "Humility:True Greatness". (And yes, I recommend it.)

In that book, it suggested five things to think about upon rising. Well, knowing me, I knew I'd never remember all of them at the same time, much less remember to think of them every morning-- much less actually do it. So! I came up with a plan. I found an image and either a Bible or hymn verse that went along with each thing, and then printed them out and put them on the wall near my bed. I thought some of you might like to try it as well... so I'm posting the pictures along with the things to think about. Let me know if you try it!



Here is the first one: on this one, you remind yourself of what Christ did on the cross. And... the fact that it was YOUR sin that held Him there. You contrast His goodness and sacrifice with yourself and just... bask in the wonder of who He is and what He did for you.
On the second one, you remind yourself how much you need Him for everything. Every single breath.You remind yourself that there is NOTHING you can do without Him. (If that doesn't humble you, I don't know what will...) (And yes, the girl is a bit odd looking... one of my sisters likes to tell me that.)

The third one you thank Him for as many things as you can think of, remembering Who all these blessings are from.

For the fourth one, you remember that you need to pray and read your Bible to learn more about Him... I also usually pray for a few "key" people-- the ones that He's especially laid on my heart. :)

And the fifth one... you remember to cast your cares on Him--to avoid thinking you are strong enough to carry them on your own. Acknowledge that you can't... that you need Him to carry them for you.


I hope this is helpful to you... feel free to print out and use my papers if you want, or make your own! I have found it very helpful for starting my day out thinking about God... and it really helps get things (and yourself :P) in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment