Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Randomness... I think

Well, I have been working on the rebelution some... but I have some time now so I thought I'd do a quick post. About... my life.

Lately I have been doing lots of dishes. I am liking them more now. I kind of automatically do them. I walked over to the counter near the dishes, attempting to get...something, and I found out that I was starting to put the dishes away. Yes, I am somewhat absent minded at times. :D

I have also been reading a ton... of fantasy. It is strange. I don't normally read much fantasy. I read all of Lord of the Rings, another large fantasy book called, "Eye of the Oracle" and now I am reading the Chronicles of Narnia (again). Does it shock any one that I read over 500 pages in one day? Probably not. I don't know. It's fairly normal at our house, at any rate.

Now I am getting the urge to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books again. I think I shall read at least "Anne's House of Dreams" to make up for watching a movie that was supposed to be about the last books in the Anne series, but didn't have anything to do with the books. Practically the only thing that was in the books was that Anne married Gilbert. I'm grateful they didn't marry her to someone else. It's not that far fetched to think that they would do that. I mean, they totally, completely changed the story!! (As you can see, I don't do very good when people do that.)

We had a very odd conversation about that movie when we were discussing it afterwards. Very strange. A few lessons we got out of it were: 1) you should always be aware that someone may be following you. (at which point we all started creeping each other out. Josiah was saying, "Look, there's a crack in the blinds"(hinting that someone may be looking in at us) and Hannah was hinting about a spooky story that someone told us about a prowler looking in windows. At which point, mama said, "Let's stop talking about this" :D) 2) That Kegan guy was some kind of spy (papa kept asking if he was a German spy or what) 3) Always stay loyal even when you don't have any apparent reason to be. For instance, if it seems that your husband has been killed in battle but it's not confirmed, don't go being disloyal.

Okay, so the first two weren't exactly lessons. But they were part of our discussion. There was more, and it was even stranger. I think we were all a bit tired.

And I have been going outside often. It's been nice out--breezy and cooler. (for FL) I've climbed our tree a few times. Does that shock any one? I suppose it depends on how well you know me.

Speaking of going outside... one of the weirder things I have done this week is lay on the grass in the front yard in the dark with my head on the curbing around my flower garden next to Cheryl, Josiah and Emily. Don't ask why we were doing that. I don't really know.

I have been doing biology, too. It's very fascinating. It has answered so many questions I didn't even consciously realize I had. I am so baffled that people can study God's creation and know about the amazing complexity of it all--and still believe it happened by chance!! I know they just don't want to be accountable to God... but still! It is really so amazing how it all works together. It seems insane to believe it could have happened by chance!

Well, there's a few things that were in my mind. Which is very tired at the moment. So please keep that in mind as you read. :D

2 comments:

  1. If it helps any, I consider washing dishes by hand a great treat. We've had a dishwasher my whole life, and Mom taught me how to do them by hand like it was an indulgencec. So when I went to visit my friends in Mississippi, I grabbed every chance I could to help wash the dishes of 13 people. It was so much fun!

    I don't like the last Anne of Green Gables movie either. Except, the little boy is pretty cute at the end. Besides, she has this icky smoker's voice, and she isn't cute and imaginative anymore. And the author guy -- BLAH! He wears a WHITE suit! :P

    Climbing trees is not shocking (unless your not wearing appropriate clothing). I do it often. Wearing culottes, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too? Wow. :) That is funny. Our dishwasher is out of service at the moment, which makes dishes take considerable longer... with 9 people eating a home nearly every meal, they pile up fast. It's funny. If we miss even one meal of dishes, it looks like we haven't done them in days. :) My Uncle, who lives alone, was watching me wash dishes once with a somewhat shocked expression on his face, so I explained to him that this was just two meal's worth of dishes. I think that surprised him, since for him, that would have been weeks worth. :)

    Oh good, I'm glad you felt the same way. We didn't like the Author guy either. The little boy *is* cute, though.

    You also climb trees?? We are very usual, you know. But in a nice sort of way. :) I do climb in skirts if they are not really long and if they are full enough. (We wear "bloomers" under our clothes, which are like shorts with elastic around the legs.)

    Thank you for the comment!

    Your sister,

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete